Migrate data from InfluxDB OSS to other InfluxDB instances
To migrate data from an InfluxDB OSS bucket to another InfluxDB OSS or InfluxDB Cloud bucket, export your data as line protocol and write it to your other InfluxDB bucket.
InfluxDB Cloud write limits
If migrating data from InfluxDB OSS to InfluxDB Cloud, you are subject to your InfluxDB Cloud organization’s rate limits and adjustable quotas. Consider exporting your data in time-based batches to limit the file size of exported line protocol to match your InfluxDB Cloud organization’s limits.
Find the InfluxDB OSS bucket ID that contains data you want to migrate.
influxd inspect export-lpcommand to export data in your bucket as line protocol. Provide the following:
- bucket ID: (Required) ID of the bucket to migrate.
- engine path: (Required) Path to the TSM storage files on disk. The default engine path depends on your operating system, If using a custom engine-path provide your custom path.
- output path: (Required) File path to output line protocol to.
- start time: Earliest time to export.
- end time: Latest time to export.
- measurement: Export a specific measurement. By default, the command exports all measurements.
- compression: (Recommended) Use Gzip compression to compress the output line protocol file.
influxd inspect export-lp \ --bucket-id 12ab34cd56ef \ --engine-path ~/.influxdbv2/engine \ --output-path path/to/export.lp --start 2022-01-01T00:00:00Z \ --end 2022-01-31T23:59:59Z \ --compress
Write the exported line protocol to your InfluxDB OSS or InfluxDB Cloud instance.
Do any of the following:
- Write line protocol in the InfluxDB UI:
- Write line protocol using the
- Write line protocol using the InfluxDB API
- Bulk ingest data (InfluxDB Cloud)
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB Enterprise customers can contact InfluxData Support.