influx CLI release notes
- Correct packaging for RPM and Windows ZIPs.
- Properly handle multiple cookies with
- Add new replication field to better show queue synchronization progress.
- Update the API for deleting secrets so
influx secret deletecommand works correctly.
- Fix typo in alias of
go releaserto v1.13.1.
systo v0.6.0 to support
- Internal code cleanup.
- When using
influx task createto create a new task, only override the
everytask option defined in the Flux script when the
--everyflag is provided.
- Properly clear the terminal when exiting an InfluxQL shell.
- Upgrade Go to 1.19.4.
- Update to
openapi5.1.1 to enable arm builds.
- Add the
--username-passwordflag to influx config set. Include
username:passwordafter this flag to ensure a session is automatically authenticated for the config. Include
username(without password) to prompt for a password before creating the session.
- Upgrade to Go 1.19.
- Fix Go version in
- Fix to allow influx auth create to successfully create an API token without error.
- Fix stack error typo.
- Fix an error where
stdincould not be used to create tasks.
dataTypeto ensure CSV files are successfully uploaded.
- Fix to let you create a remote connection for InfluxDB 1.x without requiring a remote org ID (
remoteOrgID). Add warning that
remoteOrgIDis required for InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS, but not required for InfluxDB 1.x (OSS or Enterprise).
- Set membership type to member or owner with
influx org members add.
- Add the InfluxQL Shell (REPL).
- (InfluxDB Cloud only) Manage InfluxDB Cloud Invokable Scripts
- (InfluxDB OSS only) Add username and password support
influxCLI connection configurations as alternative to API tokens when using the CLI.
- Upgrade to Go 1.18.3
- No longer scope user and organizations permissions to an individual organization.
- Properly handle API tokens starting with a hyphen (
-) passed to the CLI without
- Mutually exclude organization names and organization IDs to eliminate confusion on which to use and whether or not environment variables are overriding command flags.
- Enhanced error messaging for InfluxDB and OSS specific commands.
api/v2/configendpoint to display the runtime configuration (for example, when you run
influxd print-config). This endpoint lets you review runtime configuration while the instance is live.
Auth createcommand supports multiple buckets.
influx-debug-idheader for tracing.
- Duration parser shows duration missing units on error.
- Template apply uses improved diff checking.
- Fix error applying
This release includes two new bug fixes.
Improve error messages for unknown subcommands (
Error: command “…” not recognized.) by describing how to run
./influx --helpto see a list of valid commands. Thanks @slai!
org members removeAPI calls successfully remove a member from an organization by fixing accidental swap of
userID. Thanks @geek981108!
This release includes three new features and bug fixes.
This release makes it easier to create API tokens with the
influx CLI, adds support for viewing more than 20 buckets using
influx bucket list, and adds a shorthand flag for bucket (
Create an Operator token in the influx CLI
Add the ability to use the
influx CLI to create an Operator token with read and write permissions to all resources in all organizations available in InfluxDB. (Note, this is the same permissions generated for the initial token created by
influx setup or
Create an All-Access token in the influx CLI
Add the ability to use the
influx CLI to create an All-Access API token with read and write permissions to all resources in an organization.
View more buckets in the influx CLI
influx bucket list with pagination to support displaying more than 20 buckets. By default, buckets are fetched in batches of 20; set
--page-size to override this default value. You may also limit the total number of buckets to display with
--limit (by default, there’s no limit).
New bucket shorthand for influx delete
Add the shorthand flag
- Detect and warn when the Operator token is changed using
influx restore(either setting a new
--activeconfig or updating the
- Set newly-created connection configuration as active in
- Embed timezone data into Windows builds to avoid errors.
Upgrade to Go 1.17.
- Fix shell completion for top-level
- Make global
--http-debugflag visible in help text.
- Don’t set empty strings for IDs in permission resources.
- Detect and error out on incorrect positional arguments.
- Respect value of
--hostflag when writing CLI configs in
This is the initial release of the
influx CLI from the
influxdata/influx-cli GitHub repository.
influx write skip-header parsing
To simplify the CLI parser, the
write command no longer supports
as short-hand for
Stricter input validation for
influx template commands
stacks commands now raise errors when CLI options fail to parse instead of silently discarding bad inputs.
This change was made to help users debug when their commands fail to execute as expected.
Server-side template summarization and validation
template validate commands now use an API request to the server to perform their logic, instead of performing the work on the client-side.
Offline summarization and validation is no longer supported.
This change was made to avoid significant code duplication between
influx CLI, and to allow server-side template logic to evolve without requiring coordinated CLI changes.
influx stacks --json output conventions
The output of
influx stacks --json previously used an UpperCamelCase naming convention for most keys.
The command now uses lowerCamelCase consistently for all objects keys, matching the schema returned by the API.
- Add global
--http-debugflag to all
influxcommands to help inspect communication with InfluxDB servers.
bucket createto allow setting a schema type.
bucket listto display schema types.
--skip-verifyflag to the
- (InfluxDB Cloud only) Add [`buck
- (InfluxDB OSS only) Updates to
- (InfluxDB OSS only) Add
user passwordcommand to allow bypassing interactive prompt.
- Fix interactive password collection and color rendering in PowerShell.
org members listno longer hangs on organizations with more than 10 members.
- Detect and warn when inputs to
writecontain standalone CR characters.
dashboardscommand now accepts
--orgflag, or falls back to default org in config.
- Return a consistent error when responses fail to decode, including hints for OSS-only and Cloud-only commands.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
Customers with an annual or support contract can contact InfluxData Support.