InfluxDB Cloud updates
InfluxDB Cloud updates occur frequently. Find a compilation of recent updates below. To find information about the latest Flux updates in InfluxDB Cloud, see Flux release notes.
Custom data retention periods
Set a custom data retention period for a bucket. Note that free users can only retain data up to 30 days.
Connect to your MQTT subscription from the InfluxDB Cloud UI.
Time zone selector
Choose the time zone for individual dashboard cells.
Get a more granular view of graph visualizations by zooming in and requerying the data. For details, see Graph visualizations.
Quickly get started with Arduino within minutes of logging in with the Arduino wizard.
The command line interface (CLI) onboarding wizard minimizes the learning curve for using the CLI, making it easy to use within a few minutes of logging in.
Switch organizations and accounts in the header
Quickly access settings and navigate between multiple accounts or, if applicable, multiple organizations, in the header menu.
Request a proof of concept from the UI
Request a proof of concept (POC) from the help options in the InfluxDB Cloud UI. A sales representative will contact you to customize a POC for your data and use case.
Accessible graph color options
To ensure graphing functionality is accessible to colorblind users, we added two additional colorblind-friendly color pallet graph customization options.
Sample IoT application and code snippets for Python
Quickly start writing and querying your data with Python. Now, when you complete the Python onboarding wizard, you’ll have the option to do either of the following:
Private InfluxDB Cloud offering
New support for private InfluxDB Cloud offering on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Marketplaces for annual customers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sample IoT application and code snippets for Node.js
Help bar updates
If you have a Usage-Based plan, you can now submit Support requests and questions directly to our Salesforce Support queue (without needing a Salesforce account). Hover over the question mark in InfluxDB Cloud, and select Contact Support. You’ll receive a confirmation email with your ticket number for reference.
Add a Status page to display InfluxDB uptime, downtime, and incident management information for all Cloud regions. Hover over the question mark in InfluxDB Cloud, and select Status Page.
Add a link to quickly access InfluxDB University. Hover over the question mark in InfluxDB Cloud, and select InfluxDB University.
- Keep the time picker on the screen when the Script Editor is open.
- Escape commas in strings that were breaking the rendering of table visualizations.
- Add a Copy to Clipboard button to copy the organization name on the Organization Settings page.
- Ensure the following:
- The Copy button no longer hides graph error messages.
- Nested objects no longer break tables.
- Query Explorer displays results when data is returned.
- Single Usage stats text is selectable.
- Users get redirected to the Login page after a session expires.
- Renamed “Token last used” to “Token last modified” to be more accurate and descriptive.
Bulk delete API tokens
Efficiently delete multiple tokens at once. For details, see Delete a token using the InfluxDB API.
Find relevant content easily from the Cloud UI using the help tab in left side panel.
Query improvements in Data Explorer and notebooks
It’s now easier to use the visual builder to create queries in the Data Explorer and notebooks:
- The builder requires you to select a measurement before you can select associated tags.
- All measurements, fields, tags, and tag values appear in the builder, not just the ones in the currently specified time range. This update ensures that measurements, fields, and tags, are visible even if you set a very short time range.
Onboarding wizards for common programming languages
Navigate to UI pages without having to enter your organization ID in the URL using deep links. For example,
cloud2.influxdata.com/me/billing redirects to your organization’s billing page.
Remove yourself from an organization
You can now remove yourself as a member of an organization in the Cloud UI. For details, see Remove a user from your organization.
Add auto-refresh functionality to Notebooks
Automatically refresh Notebooks data. For details, see Create a notebook.
Performance improvements to dashboards and queries
Previously, InfluxDB loaded all variables on the client side, even those not included in a dashboard or query. Now, InfluxDB only loads variables used by queries or dashboards.
Update Tokens UI
To enhance security, the Tokens UI will only display an InfluxDB Cloud token when it’s first created. If you return to the Token page later, you won’t be able to view or copy the token. To learn more about token access restrictions, see Create an API token.
You can now invite a user to join an organization using the same email they’ve used in another InfluxDB Cloud account. Users can switch between accounts in the UI.
- Paginated dashboards in UI: Previously, the Dashboards page could take awhile to load with more than a few dashboards. Now, all dashboards are immediately paginated and accessible on the Dashboards page.
- $250 usage credit: Available when you choose a usage-based plan during signup.
- Improved task reliability and reporting
- Improved error handling for InfluxQL queries.
- When you select a bucket from Data (Load Data) > Buckets, the bucket opens in Notebooks.
Remove Website Demo Data
To improve user experience and consolidate system-delivered data, we removed the Website Demo Data bucket in Data Explorer, and now provide new sample data buckets in notebooks (see Add sample data buckets to Notebooks UI). If you’ve used the Website Demo Data bucket in the past, your existing demo data isn’t affected, and you may continue to use the data as needed.
Add sample data buckets to Notebooks UI
To get started with sample data in InfluxDB Cloud, check out the new sample data buckets in the Notebooks UI, which support a variety of use cases. Sample data buckets provide a way to explore InfluxDB without ingesting your own data.
Now, you can add the following buckets with sample data to your notebooks:
- Air Sensor Data
- Coinbase bitcoin price
- NOAA National Buoy Data
- USGS Earthquakes
Add ability to share notebooks
Add ability to share a notebook in the the InfluxDB Cloud notebook UI.
API invokable scripts
Use API invokable scripts to assign and execute a script through an API endpoint.
New UI design
Refresh the look and feel of InfluxDB Cloud UI. The updated icons, fonts, and layouts improve visibility, accessibility, and user experience.
The updated icons, fonts, and layouts improve visibility, accessibility, and user experience. For those interested in the code, check out the Clockface UI kit.
Upgrade to Flux v0.139.
Telegraf configuration UI
Update Telegraf configuration in the UI to make it easier to set up and configure Telegraf plugins. See how to use the InfluxDB UI to generate and store new Telegraf plugins.
Paginated tasks in UI: Previously, the Tasks page only listed the first 100 tasks. Now, all tasks are accessible and paginated on the Tasks page.
- Add support for explicit bucket schemas, which lets you enforce explicit schemas for each InfluxDB measurement, including column names, tags, fields, and data types.
- Add ability to convert notebook cells into raw Flux script. Now you can view and edit the code.
- Add delete request rate limits per organization.
- Add new Asia Pacific (Australia) region.
- Redesign the View Raw Data table in Data Explorer. Group keys and data types are now easily identifiable underneath column headings.
- Dashboard improvements:
Add new Cloud 2 Usage Dashboard template to monitor your Cloud usage data, including rate limiting events. For more detail on Cloud data usage and rate limiting events, see how to view InfluxDB Cloud data usage. For more detail on how to install and customize this template, see InfluxDB templates in InfluxDB Cloud.
Add support for using annotations in your dashboards.
Add new map visualization to display geo-temporal data.
- Add new GCP Europe West (Belgium) region.
- Add mosaic visualization. Use this visualization to display state changes in your time series data.
- Add notebooks. Use notebooks to build and share ways to explore, visualize, and process your time series data. Learn how notebooks can help you downsample and normalize your time series data.
- New AWS and Microsoft regions
- Microsoft social sign-on
- InfluxDB community templates
- Load Data updates
- Visualization updates
- CLI updates
- API updates
- Task updates
- Telegraf plugins in UI
- Performance improvements
AWS and Microsoft regions
- Add support for Microsoft Azure and new AWS regions:
Microsoft social sign-on
- Add Microsoft (Windows Live) social sign-on. Use your Windows Live credentials to easily sign in to your InfluxDB Cloud account.
InfluxDB community templates
Use the new InfluxDB 2 Operational Monitoring community template to monitor InfluxDB OSS 2.0.
Load Data updates
- Redesign the Load Data page to increase discovery and ease of use. Now, you can load data from sources directly in the InfluxDB user interface.
- Add support for new data sources:
- InfluxDB v2 Listener
- Windows Event Log
- Add new Band Plot visualization.
- Add the
legendColorizeRowsproperty to toggle the color on and off in the legend.
- Usability improvements to
- Add option to print raw query results in
- Add ability to export resources by name using
- Add new processing options and enhancements to
influxcommands to set the configuration for a single command.
max-line-lengthflag to the
influx writecommand to address “token too long” errors for large inputs.
--forceflag to the
influx stacks rmcommand, which lets you remove a stack without the confirmation prompt.
- Allow password to be specified as a CLI option in
influx v1 auth create.
- Allow password to be specified as a CLI option in
influx v1 auth set-password.
- Improve ID-related error messages for [
influx v1 dbrp] commands.
- Add option to print raw query results in
- List all buckets in the API now supports the
afterparameter as an alternative to
- Add the
v1/authorizationpackage to support authorizing requests to the InfluxDB 1.x API.
- Record the last success and failure run times in tasks.
- Inject the task option
latestSuccessTimein Flux Extern.
Telegraf plugins in UI
- Update Telegraf plugins list in UI to include Beat, Intel PowerStats, and Rienmann.
- Promote schema and fill query optimizations to default behavior.
Install and customize InfluxDB community templates in the Cloud UI
Pricing updates and Azure region
Update pricing vectors to determine pricing by the total data out and query count.
Add Microsoft Azure support for the
westeuroperegions. Each region has a unique InfluxDB Cloud URL and API endpoint.
- Resolve issues in checks and notifications.
2019-09-10 Monitoring & Alerts
- InfluxDB OSS 2.0 alpha-17 – See the alpha-17 release notes for details.
- Alerts and Notifications to Slack (Free Plan), PagerDuty and HTTP (Usage-based Plan).
- Rate limiting on cardinality for Free Plan.
- Billing notifications.
- Pricing calculator.
- Improved Signup flow.
2019-07-23 General Availability
- InfluxDB OSS 2.0 alpha-15 – See the alpha-9 release notes for details.
- Usage-based Plan.
- Adjusted Free Plan rate limits.
- Timezone selection in the user interface.
2019-05-06 Public Beta
- Add rate limiting for Free Plan users.
- Add client libraries for Go and JS.
- Users cannot delete themselves from their Cloud account.
- The bucket retention period for Free Plan users is set to 72 hours.
- Free Plan users cannot change a bucket’s retention period.
- InfluxDB OSS 2.0 alpha-9 – See the alpha-9 release notes for details.
- Usage statistics on the Usage page show correct values.
- Existing tasks with duration specified in nanoseconds no longer need to be resubmitted.
- Removed the additional user that showed up as an owner under the Cloud organization.
- Cloud users can use CLI tools to interact with their Cloud tenant.
- InfluxDB OSS 2.0 alpha-7 – See the alpha-7 release notes for details.
- Logout works in InfluxDB Cloud UI.
- Single sign-on works between https://cloud2.influxdata.com and https://us-west-2-1.aws.cloud2.influxdata.com.
- Able to copy error message from UI.
- Able to change a task from every to cron.
- Able to create a new bucket when switching between periodically and never (retention options).
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support, use the following resources:
Customers with an annual or support contract can contact InfluxData Support.